At the core of naturopathic philosophy is the belief that human beings have an innate ability to heal, provided that the obstacles to cure are identified and removed. Dr. Meyer’s objective is to assist those that she works with in identifying their own unique obstacles to good health and help them to restore balance and wellness.
There are six principles that serve as the foundation of naturopathic care:
- First Do No Harm – primum non-nocere
- The Healing Power of Nature – vis medicatrix naturae
- Discover and Treat the Cause of Disease – tolle causam
- Treat the Whole Person – tolle totum
- Doctor as Teacher – docere
- Prevention is the best “cure”